From Veterans Affairs Canada:
Each year, from November 5 to 11, hundreds of commemorative ceremonies and events will take place across the country to commemorate Veterans’ week. These are opportunities for all Canadians to recognize the contribution our Veterans have made and to honour those who made the ultimate sacrifice on behalf of Canada.
There are so many ways to remember and honour our Veterans:
- Wear a poppy.
- Attend your local Remembrance Day ceremony on November 11th.
- Thank a Veteran by sending a postcard for peace.
- Teachers – order some of our free learning materials and use our Teacher’s Guide to lead your classroom on a remembrance journey.
- Students – read one of our remembrance newspapers written just for Grade 7 and above.
- Talk to a friend or relative who served with the Canadian Armed Forces in Afghanistan or in other areas of conflict.
- View our Heroes Remember videos and listen to Veterans talk about their experiences.
- Plant your own Garden of Remembrance.
- Visit the remembrance challenge page where you will find videos and images you can use to create a mashup, build a virtual scrapbook, a fan site or just decorate your own Web space. Share what you build with others and link back to our site.
However you choose to remember Canada’s Veterans, be sure to share it with everyone you know. Together, it is our duty to pass on our gratitude and keep their legacy and memories alive. This Veterans’ Week, show you remember.