Through the school library, the district collection, and beyond to the public library system and other libraries, you have access to a large selection of eBooks that you can read on your tablet, phone, laptop or other device.
Here are the steps you need to follow to download eBooks onto your devices:
A. Find an eBook
- Go to our catalog.
- Sign-in with your district Username and Password.
- Search for a book.
- Follett eBooks will appear in the search results with a unique material type icon.
- If you wish, you can restrict your search to Follett eBooks.
- Select a title from the results.
- Or if you’ve viewed the record first, select “Open.”
- The eBook will open for viewing in your browser.
B. Download the eBook
- Download the Follett BryteWave app. (App Store.)
- Open the BryteWave app.
- Sign in with your Surrey Schools account username and password. Choose our school from the drop down list.
- Choose your book from the “My eReader” tab.
- If your borrowed books do not appear, click on the sync button.
- Open your book and select “Download this title” when prompted.
- Once the download is complete, you can read the entire book on your device, even if you are offline.
(The above instructions will work for downloading to an iPad or other IOS device. You may need to follow different steps for a different device.)
For an illustrated version of these steps, and more info, go here.