How to find and hold a book without even going to the school library
Click here for an illustrated tutorial, or continue for the following text based instructions.
Find a Book:
- Go to tweedsmuirlibrary.wordpress.com.
- Click on Catalog.
- Sign in with your Surrey Schools login and password.
- Click on Catalog.
- Search by keyword, subject, title, author, etc.
- Browse through the results.
- Click on the title or on “Details” to find out more about the book.
- You can go back to your search results to browse through other titles.
Hold a Book:
- When you find a book that you want to borrow, click on the title or on “Details”
- Click “Hold It.”
- If the book is already out to someone else, you will see this message:
“We have received your request for the next available copy of this title. We will notify you when your request is ready to pick up.”
- If the book is available to borrow, you will see a message like this:
” title of book is available now. Please pick up before date”.
- Library staff will require up to 2 days to process your request after books are available.
- Library staff will send you a message by school email when books are ready.
- If you do NOT check your school email, you will need to provide an alternate email address.
- Please send a message with your full name, grade, morning block class and teacher, & afternoon block class and teacher. Send this email message to: email@example.com
Get a Book:
- Delivery: You will receive a message indicating that your hold is ready. If you would like it delivered, please reply to the message with your full name, grade, morning block class, room number and teacher’s name.
- Pickup: You also have the option to pick up the book yourself. You will receive a message indicating that your hold is ready. Go to the School Library. Ask for your “HOLD” at the front desk.
- Note that “Book” can refer to printed books, audiobooks or electronic books (eBooks).
- eBooks do not need to be delivered or picked up.
- Go here to find out more about finding and borrowing eBooks.